On June 8, 2017, PCDC joined the vendors at the School District of Philadelphia Office of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) End-of-Year Family Celebration to
introduce the community to Chinatown’s youth opportunities. This was a great opportunity for the community to discover resources available to them.
- Community College of Philadelphia is promoting its Early Scholars Program, which offers up to 12 free college credits to 11th and 12th grade students. Find out more online: www.ccp.edu/early-scholars
- Free Library of Philadelphia is promoting its Summer of Wonder, summer reading program. Students who sign up online to join the program can earn badges to enter weekly raffles for fun prizes. Find out more online: https://libwww.freelibrary.org/programs/summerreading/
- Sunrise of Philadelphia is promoting its Afterschool and Summer Programs for students in grades K-12, including their Middle School Programming, which pays $300 for 7th graders attending Career Exposure and $800 for 8th graders attending Jump Start. More information here: http://www.sunriseofphila.org/node/153
- Philadelphia YMCA is promoting its Y Achievers Program. For students in grades 5 – 12, these free classes include free membership to the YMCA and focus on career exploration. Find out more at: https://philaymca.org/programs/y-achievers/ The application can be found here: https://philaymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Y-Achievers-Application.pdf
- Phillygoes2college.org is promoting its online college resources and one-on-one college counseling. Find out more here: http://phillygoes2college.org/make-a-request/
- Youth Emergency Service is promoting its Runaway Youth Program, which provides emergency shelter and counseling for youth ages 12-17. Find out more by calling 1-800-371-7233 or visiting their offices at 1526 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19130.
- Youth Service Inc. is promoting its Teen Success, teen mother program. Open to teen mothers aged 12-18, members learn health and life skills, and gain referrals to health services, childcare, and receive monetary incentives to attend. Find out more by contacting Teen Success at email@example.com or 215-222-3262.
PCDC attended to promote our free housing counseling and family support services, as well as our free, year-round SAT classes and youth programs, and the free summer basketball camp with our partners at the Philadelphia Suns. Thanks to PCDC intern Can Peng for her work at the event!