The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
This program helps low-income families pay their heating bills for the winter season. LIHEAP is a grant that offers assistance in the form of a cash grant, sent directly to the utility company. It is now accepting applications. PCDC provides free assistance with the LIHEAP application. If you need help, come to our office during our walk-in service hours: Mondays and Wednesdays 11 AM to 4:30 PM with the following documentation:
1) Provide the full name, Social Security numbers, and date of birth, for all persons living in your home.
2) Proof of income for members of your household: (such as 1 month or 12 months of pay stubs; letter from employer; or Public Welfare’s award letter/copy of check)
- Bring paystubs for one month of income if your income is the same every month
- Bring paystubs for 12 months if your income changes frequently
- Bring a statement explaining how your household pays for basic living needs (food, rent etc.) if you have had no income for the past three months
3) Your most recent bills from your main and secondary heating services such as PECO and PGW.
4) Proof of immigration status if you are a non-U.S. citizen.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call PCDC at 215-922-6156.