The 2017-2018 Tiered Assistance Program (TAP) is now accepting applications. PCDC will assist people in completing the TAP application. This program aims to help low-income households having problems paying the water bill. Please call PCDC at (215) 922-2156 to schedule an appointment.
You will need to bring the following information and documents with you to complete your application.
- Proof of Residency
- The Full Name, Dates of Birth, Social Security Numbers for all persons living in your home.
- Proof of Income for members of your household. Please make sure you have one of the following for each source of income:
- Previous year’s federal income tax return;
- Pay stubs showing 30 consecutive days of income;
- Benefit award letter or statement;
- Income support statement from the individual providing
Tiered Assistance Program Eligibility
- Low income (For a household of four family members, the household income should be equal or below 36,900 USD)
- Having a special hardship that makes it difficult to pay their water bills.
To get more information on application eligibility, you can go to Philadelphia Water Department’s website on: beta.phila.gov/services/water-gas-utilities/water-bill-customer-assistance/
You can start your application on: www.philadelphiawater.org/water-bill-help/.
If you have any questions, you can also contact the Philadelphia Water Department by calling 215-685-6300.