The Merchant Fund Stabilization Grants for Local Businesses
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15TH 2016 AT 5P.M.
The Merchants Fund is committed to providing for the economic needs of the merchant community with modest grants. Merchants must be located in Philadelphia for a minimum of three years. Business Stabilization grants of up to $10,000 are available to help small businesses remain stable and viable in the face of economic challenges, changes, opportunities, and crisis. The application process is competitive. There is no guarantee of an award. We recommend that merchants explore other funding sources simultaneously to the grant application process.
The Merchants Fund does not support:
- New ventures
- Home businesses moving to commercial real estate and the related expenses
- Businesses holding only an off premises liquor license
- Excluded businesses: lawyers, doctors, accountants, brokers (insurance, real estate, stock), consultants, and other professionals. Please call if you are unsure whether your business is qualified to be considered for a grant.
- Be a US Citizen (including naturalized citizens) or resident alien.
- Operate in Philadelphia.
- Have been in business no less than 3 years.
- Be a Sole Proprietor or the majority owner and an active employee of an incorporated business.
- Depend upon the business as a primary source of income.
Instructions & Application Process
If you meet all of the qualifications, please complete and submit the application form (PDF) by the deadline. Fill in all the blanks and answer all questions. If a question does not apply to you, answer ‘Not Applicable.’ Provide three references including phone numbers.
Please send all required supporting materials to email@example.com, or by mail to 1528 Walnut St. Suite 1004, Philadelphia, PA 19102. Please note: All supplemental materials must be submitted the same day as your application, whether it’s an online submission or a mailed submission. If you are mailing documents to the physical address, please make sure the post-marked date coincides with the date of your electronic submission. For more information and application please go to http://www.merchantsfund.org/grants/.