Child Tax Credit: Claim up to $3,600!
As long as you have a child at home, GET YOUR Extra MONEY
- New born – 6 years old: Received $3000 credit.
- 6 years old – 17 years old: Received $3600 credit.
- Earned Income
- Single earned under $150,000.
- Married (filling joining) under $112,500.
|Dependents||Age under 6||Age under 17|
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the deadline to sign up for Child Tax Credit payments?
The deadline to sign up for monthly Child Tax Credit payments this year was November 15. If you are eligible for the Child Tax Credit but did not sign up for monthly payments by the November 15 deadline, you can still claim the full credit of up to $3,600 per child by filing your taxes next year.
- Are undocumented parents eligible?
A parent’s immigration status is irrelevant. If their children have a U.S. Social Security Number, the parent is eligible under the new law to receive the CTC for those children, but they must have or obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) first. Contact Ceiba for help obtaining an ITIN at www.ceibaphiladelphia.org or (215) 634-7245
- Can I get direct deposit or do they mail a check?
When you file your return with the IRS, you will be able to supply them with your bank account information to receive direct deposit. If you would rather get a check, you can specify that, and the IRS will mail it to you. You may also be able to get your payment put on a pre-paid debit card.
- I’m a grandparent raising my grandkids. Am I eligible?
Yes, if your grandchild(ren) lived with you for more than half of 2021, and no other parent/guardian can claim them on their tax returns, you are likely eligible to receive the CTC.
- What if I didn’t file taxes last year or the year before? I haven’t filed taxes in a while. How can I receive this benefit?
You may be eligible for Child Tax Credit payments even if you have not filed taxes recently. Not everyone is required to file taxes. While the deadline to sign up for monthly Child Tax Credit payments this year was November 15, you can still claim the full credit of up to $3,600 per child by filing a tax return next year.
- Will this affect other benefits I receive?
No. Receiving Child Tax Credit payments is not considered income for any family. Therefore, it will not change the amount you receive in other Federal benefits. These Federal benefits include unemployment insurance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, SSDI, TANF, WIC, Section 8, or Public Housing.
- 新生儿 – 6岁：可最高申请$3000.税收补助
- 6岁 – 17 岁：可最高申请$3600.税收补助
可以。父母的移民状态并不影响，只要孩子有社保号码。但是，父母需要先获得个人纳税身份号码。可联络www.ceibaphiladelphia.org or (215) 634-7245
- 祖父祖母养小孩， 老人家能获得这福利吗？
如需要额外辅助，也可拨打华皁发展会热线 215-922-6156。或者前往费城鼎华中心二楼，1001 万安街(Crane Center 1001 Vine St, 2nd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107)。我们的营业时间是周一至周五早上九点至下午五点半。