VITA Volunteers Needed
PCDC is recruiting volunteers to join the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) in February and March 2019. The VITA program offers free tax help to people who make $54,000 or less, people with disabilities, the elderly, and limited-English speaking taxpayers who need assistance preparing their own tax returns.
VITA volunteers must:
1) Have a desire to serve the community
2) Have a willingness to learn Basic tax matters and follow VITA procedures
3) Attend required training
4) Pass IRS mandated online test (at least Basic level)
5) Respect Taxpayers and their privacy
6) Be able to communicate in English and Cantonese/Mandarin
7) Commit to a minimum of 4 service days
No previous experience is required. If you are interested in being a VITA volunteer, you can sign up online at http://bit.ly/PCDC2019VITAVolunteers, and we will contact you with further instructions. For more information and/or sign up by phone/email, please contact PCDC Ping Ho Lee at 215-922-2156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 VITA service dates (Saturdays and Sundays):
No service on 2/23, 2/24