Know Your Rights as a Utility Customer in PA Series: Introduction
As a residential utility customer, you are guaranteed certain rights and responsibilities that your utility company must honor.
These rights and responsibilities include your right to:
• Safe and reliable utility service.
• A clear and concise bill.
• Fair credit and deposit policies.
You also have the right to:
• Know how your utility bill is calculated.
• Check your utility bill for accuracy.
• Question or disagree with the utility company.
• Receive continuous utility service if you meet your responsibilities.
• Shop for an electric or natural gas supplier.
You have the responsibility to:
• Pay your bill by the due date.
• Provide the utility access to its meter.
• Give the utility at least 7 days advance notice before you move or wish to have service discontinued.
You have additional protections if you:
• Are a victim of domestic violence with a Protection From Abuse Order.
• Live in a low-income household.
• Are seriously ill or a member of the household is seriously ill.