PCDC is recruiting volunteers to join the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) in February and March 2018. The VITA program offers free tax help to people who make $54,000 or less, people with disabilities, the elderly, and limited-English speaking taxpayers who need assistance preparing their own tax returns.
VITA volunteers must:
1) Have a desire to serve the community
2) Have a willingness to learn Basic tax matters and follow VITA procedures
3) Attend required training and pass IRS mandated online test
4) Respect Taxpayers and their privacy
5) Be able to communicate in English and Cantonese/Mandarin
6) Commit to a minimum of 4 service days
Available volunteer positions include Greeters, Intakers,
Filers, and Quality Reviewers.
No previous experience is required. If you are interested in being a VITA volunteer, you can sign up online at bit.ly/TY2017VITASignUp. For more information and/or sign up by phone, please contact PCDC Ping Ho Lee at 215-922-2156.
2018 VITA service dates:
No service on 3/3, 3/4