PCDC is recruiting volunteers to join the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) in February and March 2017. The VITA program offers free tax assistance to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly, and limited-English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
Requirements for becoming a VITA volunteer:
1) A desire to serve the community
2) Willingness to learn basic tax matters and follow VITA procedure
3) A passing score on the IRS mandated online test (at least Basic level)
4) Respect for taxpayers and their privacy
5) Ability to communicate in English and Cantonese/Mandarin
No previous experience is required. If you are interested in being a VITA volunteer, you can sign up online at http://bit.ly/TY2016VITASignUp. For more information and/or to sign up by phone, please contact PCDC Rachel Mak or Ping Ho Lee at 215-922-6156.